Samarium Cobalt rare-earth (SmCo) magnets are manufactured by using powder metallurgy techniques which include stringent process controls and complicated heat treatment cycles. The composition of this alloy is approximately 35% Samarium, 60% Cobalt with the balance being Iron & Copper.
Two different groups of SmCo magnets exist, divided based on their product energy range. The first series (Sm1Co5) has an energy product range of 15-22 MGOe whilst the second series (Sm2Co17) has a range between 22 and 30 MGOe.
Why we choose SmCo magnet?
1. Superior resistance to high temperature.
2. Excellent resistance to corrosion, no coating is needed for surface protecting.
3. High working temperature.
4. SmCo is suitable for machines with high magnetic requirements. Good for strict working environment requirement.
5. Common uses in different fields:
All sorts of SmCo are used in the Electronic magnetron , Magnetic Transmission , Magnetic Treatment , Magnistor , Etc